I love to bake anytime of the year, but it seems like my baking goes into overdrive over the holidays. Whether I’m making treats to share with my family at home or treats to bring to a party or get together to share with others, I love to bake a wide variety of cookies, cakes, and cheesecakes. This Triple Chocolate Stuffed Cookie recipe is fun since it includes a chocolate surprise inside the cookie. And you can never have too much chocolate, right?
You can modify the surprise inside the cookie to any flat chocolate candy that you can wrap the cookie around for baking.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 oz (1/2 brick) cream cheese
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 20 milk chocolate squares
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together cake mix, cream cheese, butter and egg. Stir in ¾ of the mini chocolate chips.
- Portion into 1½ Tablespoon-sized balls (I used a cookie scoop to help with this). You should end up with approximately 20 cookie balls.
- Take one ball and flatten it in your hand. Place the milk chocolate square on top and fold the cookie dough around the patty to cover it completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining mini chocolate chips on top - pressing down slightly if needed to keep them in place.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until cracked and no longer glossy.