I love chocolate! So, when you can take a tasty crescent roll and add chocolate to it, it becomes just about a million times better. That’s why I love these Iced Chocolate Roll Ups. They are filled with chocolate chips for a hint of chocolate and topped with a cinnamon roll frosting for a delicious breakfast treat.
Using a can of Crescents, they’re easy to put together, so you can have a treat in about 15 minutes (including baking time).
You just take a can of crescent rolls and roll them out. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the flat crescent rolls, starting on the wide end. Be sure to leave room at the edges to roll the crescent rolls. Press lightly on the chocolate chips, so they set in place in the dough.
Starting on the wider end of the flat crescent roll, tuck in the edges and roll the crescent roll as normal. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
While your Chocolate Roll Ups are baking, mix together the powdered sugar and milk to create the frosting. Once you remove the crescents from the oven, immediately drizzle the frosting over the top. If you prefer, you could drizzle them with melted chocolate instead.
- 1 Can Crescent Rolls
- 12 Ounces Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Roll out the crescent rolls.
- Starting at the widest end, sprinkle the chocolate chips all the way down the middle of the crescent, leaving just a slight bit of room on the edges.
- Lightly press down on the chocolate chips so they sink into the dough.
- Starting at the wider end of the crescent, tuck in the edges and roll the crescent like you normally would.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While baking, in a bowl, mix together your powdered sugar and milk.
- Remove the crescents from the oven and immediately drizzle with the powdered sugar frosting.